Our client A Deloitte Fast 50 fintech, are backed by some impressive investors who bought you some major brands within the finance space including WorldPay and TransferWise.
Our client enables retailers, lenders and payment partners to connect, control and configure their own retail finance solution.
The company’s platform is already used by over 1,000 clients including 5 of the 20 largest retail banks in Europe. Their vision is to build the world’s largest Retail Finance platform and they would like to invite you along on this journey.
The companies white-labelled technology is used by global financial institutions and leading retail banks, and is rolled out to their merchant base as their POS solution. Their success and profitability is closely aligned with their customers’ ability to do this successfully.
About the role
As Business Development Director, you’ll be responsible for securing new FI clients across European markets. You will lead the companies client engagement through prospecting, engagement, qualification, pitching, negotiating, and ultimately winning new business clients across your territory. Reporting to the CRO, you will be supported by high quality marketing, solutions consultants, product management, legal, delivery, and client success teams to ensure you can focus on winning the business and optimising our approach and process.
- Develop, manage and execute the sales strategy for enterprise sales in your territory
- Identify, pursue, and close scale opportunities, with responsibility for the full sales cycle managing prospects from discovery to close
- Build and demonstrate a detailed market knowledge, operating as a thought-leader and trusted advisor internally and externally
- Lead on client engagements, including the coordination of client teams and activities
- Conduct regular pipeline reviews to provide forecasting visibility and identifying areas for improvement
- Ensure all work processes and flows are followed as established by the Executive Team
- Participate in strategic planning
- Work closely with Marketing and the SDR teams to build effective sales campaigns and sales resources
- Set the standards and culture for the sales team
- Proven success (8+ years) selling complex software or technology solutions to retail banks and lenders
- Fluency in in either French, German or Spanish is useful - although not mandatory
- Leverageable network of relationships with banks/lenders
- An understanding of the payments ecosystem
- A detailed and rigorous approach to sales processes
- Knowledge of the consumer finance industry and consumer trends
- A team player - will always put the team/company ahead of your own needs
- A startup mindset, highly resilient, flexible, and able to work independently
- Passion, drive, and desire to be part of building a company and a culture
- Awesome colleagues
- Amazing company events
- Uncapped Commission
- Unlimited Leave
- Share scheme
- Vitality Private Healthcare
- Lunch & Learn