Our client is a revenue generating payments service and technology provider. They help businesses meet the needs of their customers by simplifying complex payments, helping people spend freely.
Founded over 30 years ago in Ireland, they now employ over 1,600 staff in more than 60 markets on five continents. Serving over 600,000 merchants and 100 partner banks, the company manages in excess of 800 million transactions worth more than €45 billion in value.
This company helps Merchants in the Retail, Hospitality, Food & Beverage and Parking sectors deliver an exceptional customer experience by simplifying complex payments, helping people spend freely in-store, on-site or online.
They provide full stack payments on a single platform offering acquiring, VAT Refund and Currency Conversion services.
The company’s ambition is to generate revenue for their customers through highly differentiated, digital payment services. Underpinning this is a continued passion to retain its cultural DNA.
About the Opportunity
The Product Delivery Director, EMEA will implement the Company’s Project Management capability through roll-out and promoting adoption of the global standardised project delivery processes.
You will set a clear vision, strategy and program to promote a culture of excellence in delivery. The Product Delivery Director will work in collaboration with other Project Managers to implement continual improvement within project delivery and in overseeing the quality of project management delivered to customers for the EMEA region.
- Align EMEA project team to the Global Project management process across all types of project engagement.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the Project Management vision and strategy within overall project delivery and in conjunction with Product, solution delivery, architecture, development, testing, and engineering practices for the EMEA region.
- Ensures project scope, schedules and budgets are established and agreed within the delivery team, from this established base is then responsible for oversight on the agreed delivery with regional project managers, removing any blockers and clearing any ambiguity that may arise as and when that occurs.
- Report to Product Delivery Senior Director on progress of team and ensure any issues that may have business fallout are raised appropriately within the team.
- Promote and drive a culture of accountability across the team through effective people management including hiring, retention, coaching, and development.
- Promote domain knowledge across all platforms, regions and expanding business areas to ensure project management team knowledge is buildable and expandable to suit the company’s changing needs.
- Collaborates with internal business partners and senior business stakeholders to ensure project management function supports customer experience as well as business needs to full production roll out.
- Drives a culture of communication and transparency within delivery.
- At least five years related payments project management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment