Our client is a global leader in payments processing technology and solutions for a wide range of merchants. They operate in over 30 different countries and have a global turnover of over $4bn and in the last four years - seen their share price rise by over five times!
The product team are responsible for a wide range of responsibilities central to developing their core features. You will be responsible for helping guide the product, operational, strategic, commercial, and overall proposition of your ‘owned’ focus area. You will focus on formalizing projects and guiding the Development team on implementation. You will additionally be focused on the other side of the project value-chain: working with Account Management, Sales, Marketing, and Support to communicate and refine the solution propositions. As such, the ideal candidate thrives on a multifaceted role across the entire lifecycle of a product, wearing many hats to goals through conception, implementation, and launch.
You will work across both domestic and global product teams; being customer facing, Product Managers are a key pillar in defining the next generation of payments solutions.
- Become a subject matter expert on POS capabilities and integration layer.
- Leads the POS and In-Person product distribution plan; working with key business functions incl. Sales, Customer Success and Partnerships
- Partner with marketing on the development and creation of supporting sales and customer assets
- Support solution and innovation workshops onsite with customers or from their UK innovation centre
- Support scaling initiatives - to share expertise via Lunch and Learns, team meetings, training sessions
- Become competent with business objectives, payment/distribution strategies and design the solutions to support these
- Produces quarterly report with insights for internal and external consumption
- Host solution workshops between internal stakeholders and customers - whiteboarding together to craft solutions that meet complex requirements
- Owns and manages feedback loop for respective focus area and feeds into product roadmap
- Develops and reports on all pipeline activity across business groups
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a Product Owner/Product Management within the Point of Sale space.
- Experience of working within a technology, software or payments environment
- Able to communicate with all audiences, comfortable with translating “tech-speak” into layman's terms for non-technical audiences
- Comfortable with a consultative approach when dealing with customer and partners
- Driven and outcome focused but with a collaborative and empathetic style
- An excellent communicator; from 1-2-1, small groups and large audiences
- Passionate in solving problems via a combination of technology, collaboration and innovation
- Able to make tough decisions, knows how to arrive at those decisions and how to see them through
- Passionate about challenging the status quo and has an appetite for change. In our world we can’t stand still
- Is resilient and can own projects without micro-management
- Willing to spend up to 50% of their time working with key stakeholders, both internal and external. This can mean up to 20% travelling for onsite meetings / workshops
- Curious, knowledgeable and personable, with a nature that helps you to transfer your enthusiasm for our business, industry and technology
How to apply
Email your CV to David.email@example.com and for an initial discussion call David on 01604 701577