Our client is a revenue generating payments service and technology provider. They help businesses meet the needs of their customers by simplifying complex payments, helping people spend freely. Founded over 30 years ago in Ireland, they now employ over 1,600 staff in more than 60 markets on five continents. Serving over 600,000 merchants and 100 partner banks, the company manages in excess of 800 million transactions worth more than €45 billion in value.
This company helps Merchants in the Retail, Hospitality, Food & Beverage and Parking sectors deliver an exceptional customer experience by simplifying complex payments, helping people spend freely in-store, on-site or online. They provide full stack payments on a single platform offering acquiring, VAT Refund and Currency Conversion services.
The company’s ambition is to generate revenue for their customers through highly differentiated, digital payment services. Underpinning this is a continued passion to retain its cultural DNA.
About the Opportunity
The role of the Solution Manager - Online will be part of a newly formed team focussing on merchant and digital solutions. The team will define segment related payment solutions and product propositions across channels within hospitality, retail and F&B. There will a particular focus on the digital transformation of these solutions to ensure the product proposition is fit for purpose across enterprise merchants.
To achieve this, the Solution Manger will need to help identify, define and implement online payment solutions and propositions that reflect the needs of our merchants. The role will require the individual to keep up to date with market knowledge, awareness of market trends and work with commercial functions to understand the needs of the customers.
- Defining online payment solutions and propositions
- Build on existing online solutions/product propositions
- Work with third party gateways to bring online solutions to merchant portfolios
- Build solutions to incorporate growth into new countries, segments, schemes, alternative payment methods (APMs), etc.
- Work with business architecture teams to define and create online transaction flows, by vertical (e.g. hospitality, retail, etc.)
- Collaborate with technical delivery teams to ensure requirements are captured and how these fit into the technical delivery roadmap.
- Develop solutions that are competitive in the market and meet merchant requirements
- Develop solutions/product proposition materials / collateral for commercial teams - including training on new products/solutions
- Cross functional collaboration on products/solutions as needed, e.g. marketing for communications, press releases, presentation materials
- Digital/online payments knowledge
- Knowledge of payment gateways / payment service providers
- Familiar with ecommerce platforms
- Experience with product /solution management
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with working with business architecture teams
- Experience with working with technical delivery teams
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Highly-motivated and enjoy a challenge
- Ability to function well in a high-paced, complex and at times stressful environment
- Your work environment
- UK based role
- Flexibility to work from home
- May require travel outside the UK