About The Company
Our client is the world leader in online travel and related services, provided to customers and partners in over 220 countries and territories through six primary consumer-facing brands. Their mission is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. During 2019, the Company had consolidated revenues and net income of $15.1 billion and $4.9 billion, respectively, and a current market value of approximately $60 billion.
Based in Dublin, Ireland our client provides financial services in the form of payment services and e-money products across all their brands. They are committed to conducting its business in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines, with integrity and to the highest ethical standards.
About The Role
The role requires a leader with a deep domain knowledge of AML with experience in managing delivery with an outsourced provider.
The AML Operations Director will manage a team of KYC/AML practitioners based in Dublin that will be responsible for supporting the Head of AML/KYC Operations, Chief Compliance Officer and Chief Operating Officer in implementing, embedding and growing the AML/KYC operations function within the company whilst managing an outsourced Centre of Excellence (where the bulk of the work will be directed).
This individual will lead the AML/KYC Operations team responsible for the initial and ongoing execution of Anti-Money Laundering activities, Customer Due Diligence checks, Enhanced Due Diligence, Transaction monitoring, Transaction screening and PEP/Sanction and negative news alert investigations.
The AML/KYC Operations team will work directly with an outsourced Centre of Excellence to ensure all AML/KYC processes and procedures are being executed upon to ensure all regulatory requirements are met.
● Will act as a first line manager for the AML/KYC Operations team (c.6 directs).
● Lead and grow a high performing team of AML/KYC practitioners (c.10 inhouse / BPO c.200 at peak).
● Work directly with an outsourced Centre of Excellence to ensure all AML/KYC processes and procedures are being executed to ensure all regulatory requirements are met.
● Lead the training, support or coaching needs required within the Centre of Excellence.
● Ability to mentor resources to conduct detailed investigations to remediate alerts within regulatory and operations timelines
● Prepare and participate in regular business reviews and metrics meetings representing AML/KYC Operations
● Work closely with to evangelize scalable solutions to support the growth of new business lines and Group brands.
● Assist with coordination of regulatory exams, audits, or internal business unit assessments
● Identify gaps in current systems, policies and strategies, and recommend enhancements and process improvements to mitigate emerging risks through a collaborative approach with stakeholders
● Lead the monitoring and tracking performance of the outsourced service provider and be responsible for the ongoing governance of the outsourcing agreements
● Lead multiple projects to enhance and optimize all AML/KYC strategy systems and tools
● Identify and drive opportunities for operational improvements to scale the program effectively
● Enhance and maintain open lines of communication within and outside the AML/KYC Operations - Centre of Excellence (COE) to promote efficient and collaborative work practices
● Analyse, design and maintain metrics as they relate to resource performance and program effectiveness
● Partner with Second Line and cross-functionally to scope out new initiatives or enhancements to current initiatives/programs; identify resources required to appropriately execute on, and operationalise AML/KYC policies and procedures
● Assist in supporting relevant projects, including the implementation of AML systems, technology and procedures.
● Strong knowledge of the European AML legislation
● Significant Operational Experience with an FCRM environment
● Ability to develop, foster and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups of people within the organisation as well as with external stakeholders and vendors
● Leadership and key stakeholder engagement skills and experience required
● Experience of managing a team required
● Experience managing across countries and cultures.
● Exceptional interpersonal skills and the innate ability to work unsupervised in a structured manner
● Strong analytical skills
● Goal and solution-oriented behavior
● Strong organisation skills and quality focused
● Ability to work under pressure
● Conscientious and accurate working attitude
● To be respectful towards procedures and internal policies
● Open-minded and capable of building productive working relationships
● Ability to work in partnership with the larger Compliance group
● Bachelor's degree in law, business, finance, or accounting preferred; or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or similar
● At least 5 years' experience in Compliance/AML/KYC Operations, preferably at a large financial institution with a European customer base, experience in payments an advantage or working within a BPO providing FCRM services.
● At least 3+ years in a mid-senior level leadership role.
● Experience growing and leading teams in Operation and Financial Crimes Risk Management
● Have experience setting up or driving change programs within Operations team(s) and Target Operating Models (TOM) in a regulated environment an advantage.
- Senior Manager - Ecommerce
Job location: Job salary: Remote | £105,000 Plus Package
About the CompanyOur client provides businesse...
- Associate Director - Ecommerce
Job location: Job salary: Remote | £75,000 Plus Package
About the CompanyOur client provides businesse...
- Operational Risk Lead
Job location: London Job salary: £75,000 Plus Package
About the CompanyOur client is the world leade...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs