A fantastic role with huge potential, ideal for an experienced and enthusiastic business development professional to continue their career with an emerging consumer finance start up. You’ll be responsible for growing the company’s revenue and profile through case referrals from a range of Intermediaries. Our client helps individuals access inheritance funds quicker and easier than traditional financial products.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and ambitious professional to become part of our expanding Nationwide team of Business Development Managers. The role encompasses managing and developing existing Intermediaries in the given territory as well as identifying and targeting new Intermediaries to ensure maximum penetration into the potential marketplace.
Intermediaries will be primarily law firms with a Private Client function but may equally be other business types such as IFAs, Will Writers, Funeral Directors, Accountants and any other business potentially involved in the probate process. In addition, you will be required seek out a small number of niche strategic Partner opportunities within territory.
We are looking for someone who can grow with the role and the company and is excited by the opportunity to grow the revenue and profile of their territory. The ideal candidate will have experience in Business Development or Account Management. A knowledge of the legal sector or consumer finance would be an advantage but not necessary. We employ a hands-on start-up mentality; the ideal candidate will be both commercial and operational, working closely with the Business Development team and Operations/Underwriting teams. We have an entrepreneurial ethos, and you will have the exciting opportunity to influence the future success of the business.
· Identify key Intermediaries in given territory and proactively contact through a variety of channels, e.g. personal contacts, Law Society, LinkedIn, networking events, etc.
· Investigate networking opportunities in their region for virtual/F2F engagement with relevant intermediaries
· Contact and present to key contacts within most promising opportunities for proactive engagement on an ongoing basis to generate opportunities (‘Hunt’)
· ‘Farm’ panel of engaged Intermediaries to generate opportunities through a combination of activities (e.g. regular calls and visits, team meetings, training, coffee mornings, etc.)
· Ensure that our client is the sole or preferred supplier for probate funding products
· Select most appropriate intermediaries for potential strategic partner opportunities based on a combination of size, product range, understanding of products, cultural fit, etc.
· Liaise with Intermediaries on live cases and be willing to communicate with the Customer if necessary (the applicant) and Intermediary to ensure required documentation is received
· Using knowledge of products be able to solve Intermediary and Customer issues to maximise opportunities without, where possible, recourse to others
· Address first line queries from Intermediaries in a timely and interactive hands-on manner; demonstrating knowledge of products, objection handling, underwriting requirements, etc.
· Ensure effective communication between Intermediary and Operations/Underwriting to eliminate, as far as possible, any delays/misconceptions/misunderstandings
· Where they are managing ‘Direct’ cases, proactively manage the intermediary to ensure that Operations are able to keep the Customer informed of progress
Key Attributes & Experience
· Extensive B2B2C Sales/Relationship Management experience
· Demonstrable career progression over a number of years
· Proven track record in a target driven role to include an element of New Business
· Good balance of ‘Farmer’/‘Hunter’ traits
· Excellent relationship building and management skills
· Tenacious, able to work around potential blockages
· Excellent Customer Service skills, both B2B and B2C
· Ability to think on your feet
· Attention to detail
· Excellent communicator at all levels and through all channels, e.g. verbal, written, face to face
· Proactive and self-motivated, able to work remotely
· Fully skilled in Microsoft Office product suite and CRM systems
· Confident at writing and delivering presentations
· Prepared to travel to our clients Harrogate offices as required from time to time
· Full UK Driving licence
- Field Sales Executive
Job location: London
About the companyOur client is an entirely clo...
- Director of Global Payments
Job location: Job salary: East Coast USA | $195,000 plus bonus and Equity
About The CompanyOur client is the world’s lar...
- Business Development Manager
Job location: Job salary: Remote | £85,000 100% OTE
About The CompanyFrom instore and online card ...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs